Hallo Roland

wenn es dann in die genaue Planung geht, melde Dich, auch über PN, dann kann man noch etliches speizielles in der Gegend Dir empfehlen; wir haben insgesamt bereits viele Wochen mit Standquartier Kodachrome zugebracht und auch noch nicht alles dort gesehen; z.B. Booker Canyon haben wir erst bei der letzten Tour angegangen, Kelsey schreibt da einiges nicht ganz so richtig
in Escalante gäbe es auch eine Wohnmöglichkeit bei der deutsche Keramikkünstlerin Delthoney
"Just outside of town is perhaps the most unique shop. Owned by David and Brigitte Delthoney. They each have their own art. David sculpts furniture into works of wonder. Brigitte creates pottery with an ancient technique and look.

To visit their shop is to have a tour rather than just looking around. The showroom is in a corner of David's workplace with giant belts and saws and other types of machinery. And in that work room are chairs and desks, whatever he happens to have on hand at the time. They are ergonomic, comfortable and beautiful. I didn't ask how much they were, I could tell it was way beyond what I was looking for. But it would be great to have something from him.

Brigitte's pottery is patterned after the Anasazi, and having one of her pots feels a little like having a legal ancient work.

ddelth@scinternet.net beide sprechen deutsch

VG
Utahfan